We move forward through life with countless stories of good and bad, gains and losses, right and wrong, trust and betrayal.
At some point, when you look back and examine the journey of your life, you may finally realize where and when you made mistakes. You will remember who betrayed you, when they did it, and how they did it. Perhaps, at that time, you had no choice.
You may also remember that you once hurt or betrayed someone. And perhaps that person had no choice either.
One of life's hardest realities is that we cannot always protest, nor can we always walk away.
Sometimes, because of relationships, family, the workplace, financial dependence, or social circumstances, people become trapped in situations where they continue to suffer.
From the outside, everything may appear normal. But deep inside, a silent pain continues to grow.
You know that the situation is not good for you.
Yet, you cannot walk away.
Day after day, as you learn to adjust to the situation, you eventually become accustomed to the pain. You forget how to smile. Even moments of happiness can feel uncomfortable. Sometimes, seeing others happy makes your own unfulfilled desires feel heavier.
But it is not right to put all the blame on others.
At some point, we must also look at ourselves in the mirror of life.
Where did I go wrong?
Whom did I hurt?
Did my actions make someone else's life more difficult?
Because life is not only a story of the pain others have caused us. It is also the result of our own decisions and actions.
So, there is one thing you should always pay attention to:
Who is influencing and guiding you?
Whether at the office or in society, the people around you and the leadership you follow can influence your thoughts, confidence, and decisions.
If your leader is competent, fair, and humane, you can learn from them, rise after making mistakes, and find opportunities to improve yourself.
But if your leader is someone who values flattery, practices favoritism, strengthens their own position by putting others down, and gives more importance to personal interests than merit, your path toward growth can gradually become limited.
That is why wise people say,
“It is better to carry the shoes of a good person than to follow a bad one.”
But being a good person is not simply about being knowledgeable or successful.
A good person is someone with a conscience, humanity, respect for others, and the courage to admit their own mistakes.
Life will not always be in our favor. Not everyone will understand us. Not everyone will treat us fairly.
But that does not mean we should lose the good person within ourselves.
Being around good people is not simply about staying in their shadow; it is about embracing their good qualities and making them part of who we are.
So, I am learning to recognize people while there is still time.
I am learning to understand my boundaries.
I am trying not to accept injustice as something normal.
I am not afraid to admit my own mistakes.
And I am trying to follow people from whom I can learn to become a better human being.
Perhaps life is difficult today.
Perhaps there are many stories of things we never received.
Perhaps some people misunderstood us, some betrayed us, and some failed to give us the respect we deserved.
Still, I choose to remain hopeful.
Because just as time can change difficult circumstances, the right people, the right decisions, and the right mindset can change an entire life.
These are simply a few lessons I have learned from my little journey through life. 🌿
